Are you interested in gaining non-profit experience? Looking for ways to become more involved in the speech-to-text community?
The Association of Transcribers & Speech-to-text Providers is excited to announce a new opening on our Board of Directors as we continue our mission to provide standards, training, and advocacy for speech-to-text service providers. We are looking for committed individuals who enjoy working collaboratively and creatively as part of a team.
As a member of the Board, the membership coordinator’s role is to support the Association of Transcribers & Speech-to-Text Providers’ mission through member recruitment, outreach, and communication support. Duties include the following:
- Welcoming new members and helping to orient them to the organization by highlighting important member benefits and answering questions
- Reviewing and approving member profile submissions to make sure they follow ATSP’s guidelines
- Setting up automated email campaigns to provide information and encourage donations
- Developing member surveys to help identify priorities and interests as they pertain to member benefits
- Identifying potential new member benefits and managing these projects once they are approved by the Board
- Coordinating an annual membership drive
- Working as a liaison between ATSP members and the Board to address concerns
- Working with the President of the Board to help collect member information for use in newsletter spotlights
- Working with the Treasurer to ensure that memberships are processed correctly
- Working with the Online Marketing Manager to highlight member benefits through social media campaigns
- Develop a retention strategy and oversee a membership expiration calendar
- Regularly attending monthly ATSP board meetings (1-2 hours, online) and staying informed about organizational matters through email communication and review of monthly reports
- Meeting accommodations are provided as needed
Board members play a critical role in supporting the Association of Transcribers & Speech-to-Text Providers’ ongoing mission to promote excellence and integrity in the delivery of real-time speech-to-text services. Board members may be active members of the speech-to-text community, or other working professionals with a passion for equal communication access.
To apply for this position, please send a résumé and a cover letter describing your experience and interest to [email protected]
Read the full job description (PDF).